Welcome to World of Warcraft Drama.
In a game with 7 millon plus players, drama of some type is inevitable, and usually constant. Hell, in any gathering of two or more people, drama of some type is inevitable, and usually constant. Even in this constant stream, however, there are some dramas that rise above to become known throughout the WoWsphere. They become… Classic WoW Drama.

maandag 7 mei 2007

While we were gone: The Good, pt. 2: Elitemaiden makes Fark

Of course, EM drama couldn’t possibly be contained in the mere confines of the comments of one of our posts. No, she went and claimed she was being oppressed, by both players and GMs, and threatened to sue Blizzard. While the original forum thread has been deleted, we have a text copy here.

Some highlights:

“I would like to bring to your attention the horrendous crime one of your employees have committed against Elitemaiden, a faithful World of Warcraft player (who played the game since the game began), causing her to quit the game in UNDUE time. (Especially when I am already in a GREAT guild full of GREAT people). Now that guild is forced into having no mage and may possibly not do as well as intended. I did not waste MY TIME trolling ANYONE. I have already been revered and heroic keyed for many instances.

Forum Moderater Corelei is responsible for encouraging the vicious slandering of my good name in the game on the forums both in Hyjal and in Drenden. He is the very reason why people feel empowered to troll me.”

“Many jealous people came out of the woodworks to troll that thread. After that first initial trolling post, Blizzard did NOTHING to stop the trolling. It seemed as though every person who FAILED in the game tried to pin their ownfailure upon my head even though I did not know them, did not ever play with them nor interacted with them. They were jealous and envious of my noble and fun gaming including romances and the Grand Marshal Barbarconan forever kneeling at my feet every single day at Ironforge…”

“Hyjal I found to be a server that was OPPRESSED by the big guilds. It was shocking to me that people were so undergeared. The rich were filthy rich and the poor were in RAGS. Nobody cared about helping with anything. Most of them had not even seen MC yet. And it was already NAXX era.”

“DO YOU SEE A TROLLING TREND HERE?

The trolls were spreading LIES. Literally making up LIES out of thin air. And nobody was there to keep them from LYING and continuing to cuase trouble for me.”

“Finally GM Corelei showed up again…after already missing many deleted posts, he again PUTS my name in lights, and asserts in big bold letters falsely framing ME. Where was he when the trolls started the threads? What right does he have to assert blame when he did NOTHING to protect me? When I was the one reported these people and ASKED for help thousands upon thousands of times, I was ignored and pushed aside?

HOW DARE HE now come and assert such slanderious LIES about me to the general public when he has failed in your efforts to keep a clean and safe environment. When he disrespects the VICTIM and turns the VICTIM into a false accused.

HIDING all the thousands of archived slanders and vicious attempts to create drama for Elitemaiden.

THIS IS THE TRUTH. GOD KNOWS IT. HE KNOWS IT.”

“I demand a retraction of the unfair and unjust BAN upon my account even if it is AFTER I had already quit the game (me quitting being CAUSED by the unjust SLANDER and TROLLING of Forum Moderator Corelei).

My mage is of no small measure of time invested.

She is highly skilled as you can see on her ARMORY and cause for others to be jealous because they are TOO lazy to fish, level up tailoring, cooking, first aid, etc.”

“I would also like to note that they came from ALL other realms to TROLL me in Drenden as of the latest incident where Corelei has FAILED to note this fact. THEY are the ones who are causing strife within the community and he is empowering them to do so. Therefore it is CLEAR to me that he has targed me for trolling and targeted me for victimizing and he has sabatoged my account and my access to the forums to not only report the trolls but to defend my rights as a paying customer.

I DEMAND his superiors look into this immediately. I demand that the legal department investigate the archives of the forums.

There is nothing there but SLANDER and LIES and VICIOUS GOSSIP.

You need to look at the GROSSLY FAILED purpose of your public forums and archives. They are nothing to be proud of.”

Of course, while this is all LOLworthy, it takes something truly great to elevate a “threatening to quit” post, amongst all the others. In amongst these humdingers, there was one to top them them all:

“They would send all of their friends to do fire spells and throw snowballs at me. It was like a seen right out of the holocaust with the NAZI’s of HYJAL trying to torture me, a poor JEW.”

Hyjal=Auschwitz? That comment got her elevated to a big stage - Fark.

Some choice comments from the thread:

“Elitemaiden, plz feel free to CRY ME A F**KING RIVER.

Honestly, she sounds like one of those “gang stalking” whackjobs, only her whining and biatching made her delusions come to life.”

-dirkus_maximus

“All that said, Elitemaiden is a farking headcase who seriously needs a clue, a life, and very probably medication. She reminds me of the kids in school who cried every time someone called them names. Some people just can’t resist the temptation to push their buttons and watch the fireworks (or waterworks). In as much of that frothing diatribe as I was able to force myself to read, I saw paranoia, megalomania, a whole persecution complex, and some disturbing parallels to the VT gunman’s rants about how the world was against him. WoW didn’t cause her problems, but it’s sure giving her one hell of a stage to display them on.

Lady, if you happen to be reading this, get help. There are a lot worse things in the world than video game characters tossing imaginary snowballs at you, and you’re on a collision course with a bunch of them.”

-Worldwalker

Even after being Farked, EM can’t leave well enough alone, so she tries to defend her actions, in a number of posts (the text from a few is in the Fark comments), such as this one:

The thread responses, in addition to the usual calls to rationality that EM never seems to heed, include a series of EM-themed motivational posters, like this one here:

Elitemaiden Philosophy

The final word, however, goes to the esteemed CM, Coriel.

“You know, if you’d stop going out of your way to seek attention, Elitemaiden, I’m willing to bet you’d see a marked decrease in the amount of the “harassment” you endure.

Knock it off. Stop trolling, stop picking fights. If I catch you instigating problems again, you’re gone.”

Geen opmerkingen: